The Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce honoured 10 of Greater Sudbury’s outstanding entrepreneurs and businesses this week at an online show of its 23rd-annual Bell Business Excellence Awards.
For the past 22 years, the chamber has hosted the awards as an opportunity to not only acknowledge the contributions of our community’s business owners, but to also learn from them and about them.
“From young entrepreneurs operating out of their home to established owners of international companies, the Bell Business Excellence Awards are an inspiring evening that points a spotlight on the people who form the backbone of our community and the family, friends, and experiences that keep them going,” the chamber said in a release.
“This event was a spectacular celebration that recognized businesses and entrepreneurs whose achievements and contributions to the community distinguish them from their peers.”
The winners were announced virtually on CTV Northern Ontario’s Livestream link.
The chamber received more than 100 nominations for 10 award categories this year. The finalists for the 2020 Bell Business Excellence Awards are:
- Best Place to Work, sponsored by College Boreal: M.I.C. Canadian Eatery & Whisky Pub.
- Business Start-Up, sponsored by HARD-LINE: IVEY Group.
- Company of the Year, sponsored by Sudbury.com: Cambrian Ford.
- Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by RBC Royal Bank of Canada: Gabrielle Roy, Stitch and Stone.
- Executive of the Year, sponsored by the Greater Sudbury Development Corporation and the City of Greater Sudbury: Ray Jambakhsh, DST Consulting Engineers.
- Innovation, sponsored by Cambrian College: Ionic Mechatronics.
- Not For Profit/Charity Excellence, sponsored by TD Bank Group: Northern Ontario Families of Children with Cancer (NOFCC).
- Service Excellence, sponsored by Technica Mining: Total Nursing Care Inc.
- Small Enterprise, sponsored by Regional Business Centre: Exceptional Painting Inc.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Weaver, Simmons LLP: Ashley Kirwan, Orix Geoscience.